Monday, May 9, 2011

What It Means to be Loved

The end is near... I can see it on the calendar, I can feel it in my heart, I know they can feel it too... the way they ask me "is everything gonna be okay momma?", "Momma will you always keep me safe?", "Am I yours momma?"

They know somethings up. Its a pretty big thing for these little ones but I know God will carry them through, just as He is carrying me through. I heard this song, What It Means to be Loved, by Mark Schultz on the radio the other day and it brought me to tears. The chorus has given me a new perspective in the midst of this heart wretching transition

I wanna give her the world
I wanna hold her hand
I wanna be her mom for as long as I can
I wanna live every moment, until that day comes
I wanna show her what it means to be loved...

I can't look a year down the road, a month, a week, even a day right now, its too hard! I don't know what will happen. How they will feel, what they will be thinking, what they will be doing. But I do know that for this day I have them and for this day I can give them the world, I can hold their hands, I can be their momma, and most importantly I can show them what it means to be loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment