Saturday, January 22, 2011

Again, It's Been Too Long!

So, I just realized that I haven't updated this blog for almost 2 months. Where has the time gone??? December was great! What a priviledge it was to introduce Queenie and Little Miss to Baby Jesus and the true meaning of Christmas. They were so excited about His birthday and talked about it all the days the leading up to Christmas. On Christmas we made a cake for him and sang Happy Birthday. When it was over Queenie was heartbroken :( When I took down the Christmas tree in her room she bawled and bawled telling me how sad she was that it was over. It was precious!

Over Christmas I had 2weeks off. This time with the kiddos was precious to me. We did so many fun things and basically just spent time together. They loved it and so did I. Going back to work was harder on me than it was on them I think. I cried when I took them back to daycare.

Being home with them for 2 whole weeks brought a whole new level of healing to these girls. They are happier, healthier, more obedient and more affectionate after that time together. It never ceases to amaze me how just when I think they are doing better than I ever could have imagined they would be their Heavenly Father brings them to a whole new level of healing.

Baby Brother is getting so big! He is 5.5 months and so fun! He smiles and laughes and talks all the time. He has gradually started his transition home. This is really hard for me and requires a lot of faith and trust. I have a hard time remembering that God loves this baby more than I do and He WILL do what's best!

Little Miss is potty training right now. That's a full time job! I never thought I would potty train two kiddos in less than 6months. It seems to be clicking with her though and im hoping we are past the hardest part.

Well, thats a quick update on everyone. I'm hanging in there. Foster Care is most definetly not for the faint of heart. It wears on me in every possible way. I have good days and bad days. The mood of my day totally reflects my frame of mind. When I have Christ where He should be on the throne of my heart, believing that He knows best and is in control I feel so much more peace but when I dont have Him where He should be I worry and stress and try to take over and control what's going on around me. I'm so thankful that He is patient with me and never gives up!

2 comments:

  1. So sweet!! You all have been on my mind quite a bit this week!!!:) Continuing to pray for you all. Miss seeing those sweet faces!!!!:) Love to you all!

    -Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyssa - we're in this thing together my sweet sister! I'm proud of you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete