Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Lead Me

I dont even know how to put into words the events that have taken place over the past 5days long story short Queenie and Little Miss are back with me. Not sure how long they will be here but I'll take every second God will give me. I held Queenie for 2hours straight tonight while she slept. I just stared at her sweet little face and held her little body close to mine. All I could think of was God and His Goodness and His protection of these two sweet babies.
The past weekend was the most draining experience I have ever lived through. There were many tears shed, many angry words spoken, many helpless prayers lifted up to God, many moments of grasping for control and many moments of surrendering control realizing that I can do nothing on my own and He is my strength for every waking moment.
Many times as the foster parent your role gets shoved to the side and minimized. After all that I pour into these sweet babies, today I was told that"I am just the foster parent and I allow myself to get too involved" I took these harsh cold words and allowed myself to get defensive and I allowed them to hurt me. In the end though I reminded myself that I don't do what I do for the system or the birth parents or the state or anyone else. I do what I do because number one God has called me to it and number two because I love these kids and want to be the voice that they don't have.

These lyrics are powerful..

So Father, give me the strength
To be everything I'm called to be
So, Father, show me the way
To lead them
Won't you lead me?

To lead them with strong hands
To stand up when they can't
Don't want to leave them hungry for love,
Chasing things that I could give up

I'll show them I'm willing to fight
And give them the best of my life
So we can call this our home
Lead me, 'cause I can't do this alone
Father, lead me, 'cause I can't do this alone.

Sanctus Real Lead Me

3 comments:

  1. Alyssa, I am so glad that God is using you in such a powerful way for all these children..especially the girls right now! You are there for them as he calls you to be, doing your best for them!
    I pray that they continue to grow and thrive in your care and that God continues to give you the strength that you need to care for both of them and Little Bird too! Much love to you!! Please do call if you need anything!!!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyssa,

    PRAYING!!!! I pray that God blesses you a 100 fold for what you are doing for these sweet little ones. God will give you the strength to take care of these precious ones! Hold on to His promise and remember, you are doing this for God and for the sake of these children! No matter what people say!!

    Please call us if you need ANYTHING!!!! (even babysitting:) )
    Much love to all of you,
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Alyssa i have been praying for you all weekend long and haven't stopped. I wish I were close by and could offer help but I am just going to have to settle for petitioning the Father on your behalf.

    "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:5-7

    Our God is HOLDING you just as you held Queenie in your arms last night. He will care for you and He will give you the grace and strength DAILY to in turn care for these precious children. He will sustain you for the call He has given you.

    Love you,
    Molly

    ReplyDelete