Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Safe in His Arms

As the day approches for Queenie and Little Miss to completely transition home my heart is starting to feel heavy. Seems like just yesterday I got the call for them. My heart was still so much missing my Little Man but when I recieved the call for the girls I knew I was supposed to care for them. Through tears I said "I would love to take them" I knew deep in my heart that God wanted to impact their lives through mine.
Some of you may remember it started rough! They were busy and wild and angry and aggressive but hidden deep behind those layers were two little girls who are precious beyond words. Two little girls who are now loving and affectionate, kind to each other and others, two little girls who love Jesus and love to pray to Him, two little girls who are changed thanks to the work God has done in them. Not only are these little girls changed but I am changed as well. When they came to me I knew nothing about parenting. I was scared out of my mind and many times totally unsure of what to do. God forced me to look to Him for my everyneed He trained me and disciplined me just as much, if not more, than I did to the girls. He taught me about unconditional love and how His love doesn't require anything from me. He taught me about Grace and Mercy and how He freely gives that and so should I.
I think I can say that Little Man made me a Momma but Queenie and Little Miss made me a parent. They grew me up in a way I didnt even realize needed to be grown up.
As I think about them going home soon part of me feels sad another part feels excited for them to be re-united with their family, another part feels hopeful of the good work God will continue in them. I heard this song on the radio today, by Phil Wickham, and it just made me think of the girls and how even when I wont be the holding them anymore God will continue to hold them and protect them for the rest of their days.

You will be safe in His arms
You will be safe in His arms
'Cause the hands that hold the world are holding your heart
This is the promise He made
He will be with you always
When everything is falling apart you will be safe in His arms

No comments:

Post a Comment